The Bus Ride
Tips for getting the most out of your ride to the game
- Visualize yourself performing well in your upcoming competition
- Focus on your breathing and take slow, deep breaths
- Listen to relaxing music to conserve energy
- During a long bus ride, take a nap but limit it to 30 minutes to avoid waking up like a groggy zombie
- Identify successes you’ve had in recent games and practices. Bonus if you write them down!
- 20 minutes before you arrive change the relaxing music to fast, pump-up music you enjoy to help you get into your optimal performance zone